Friday, December 20, 2013

Day 5

 On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 5 golden rings...how about a star with 5 golden tips? Well I am thrilled with how this tag turned out. The leaping deer is one of Tim Holtz dies and I am in love with it. The die also includes another deer who is standing not leaping. 

My favorite part of this tag is how the background turned out. I was a little sad to cover any part of it up. I used distress inks and stains to create the background and then sprayed it with water. If you didn't already know distress products are made to react with water. On the tag you can see where the water drops dried. I love the effect of spraying the water on my distressed projects.

 And of course no project seems complete without some crackle paint. After I distressed the deer I use rock candy distress paint on him.

Well that's all for now and don't forget to join me tomorrow for another tag
~Tori



No comments:

Post a Comment